AP PGECET 2019 Notification Eligibility, Application Form sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet
What is AP PGECET 2019?
Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is commonly abbreviated as PGECET. To get admission in regular PG courses like Engineering, Architecture, Technology, Pharmacy, Planning, PGECET is a common entrance test. This exam is conducted by Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education ( APSCHE). Later this exam is successfully conducted by Osmania university and APCSHE.
Now Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is held by both Andhra University and APCSHE successfully every year. The courses to which we get admission by this exam is ME, M. Arch., M. Tech., M. Pharm., M. Plg., The main aim to conduct this exam is to select the merit candidates who had completed their Under Graduate courses in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Pharmacy etc.
APSCHE is a council emerged during 1988 to satisfy the need for effective machinery for promotion and coordination of higher education at state council. This council advises government about the matters relating to higher education in Andhra Pradesh. Many entrance tests like EdCET, LAWCET, PGECET, ECET, PECET, ICET in Andhra Pradesh are held by APSCHE.
This article provides the details regarding the PGECET 2019 notification, how to fill the application form, exam dates, cutoff percentage, how to download admit card, results, final key.
|Name of the exam||AP PGECET ( Andhra Pradesh Engineering CommonEntrance Test)|
|Name of the exam board||APSCHE ( Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education)|
|Mode of the exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of questions||120|
|Level of the exam||State level exam|
|Application starting date||March 4th week 2019 (tentative)|
|Application closing date||April 2019 (Tentative)|
|Examination dates||May 01 to May 04 (Expected)|
|Results declaration||May 4th week|
|Pgecet 2019 counseling starting date||July 2019|
What is the Eligibility criteria for Andhra Pradesh PGECET 2019?
The candidates interested to apply for PGECET must check the eligibility criteria, educational qualifications once. As its mandatory to write any exam it would have certain conditions, qualifications. All these details are to be checked once in the notification of AP-PGECET, 2019. The eligibility criteria to write the exam is given below.
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- If the applicant is to apply for ME or M.Tech.,he must complete the bachelor Engineering like BE, B. Tech., from the university or from the affiliated colleges of any university.
- If the applicant is to apply for M. Pharm, M. Arch etc., the applicant must complete B. pharm., B. Arch from the recognized university.
- The candidate applying for any course must possess at least 50% marks and SC or ST candidate must have at least 45% marks in their Bachelor degree.
Syllabus of PG Engineering Entrance exam
The question paper of the exam mostly contains the questions regarding the syllabus learnt during their 4 years Under graduation course of Engineering. To know the detailed syllabus for the exam, open the official website sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet. Also it shows the exam pattern.
Exam pattern for AP PGECET, 2019
- The exam contains 120 questions.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- This is an objective type of exam.
- The test will be a CBT ( Computer Based Test) i.e., Online mode.
- There is no Negative marking.
- Duration of the exam is 120 minutes( 2 hours ).
- Medium of the paper is English.
How to apply for AP PGECET 2019?
If the candidate is eligible to apply for PGECET, one can apply for the exam in online by using the official website sche.ap.gov.in.
- After opening the application form, fill all the details asked like name, date of birth, Aadhar Number, Educational Qualification etc.
- Pay the fees by debit or credit card using bank account number.
OC – RS. 1000/-
SC or ST- Rs. 500/-
After payment it shows the payment status.
- The candidate had to upload their scanned photograph and signature. The photograph of the candidate must be recently taken and the signature must be clear with out any strikings. Both images of candidate and candidate’s signature must be with JPEG / JPG
- Submit the application form, then it gives you a registration number.
- This registration number is to be noted by the candidate for further usage like downloading admit card.
Examination centers for AP PGECET 2019:
The regional centers for writing this exam in Andhra pradesh are:
Andhra Pradesh PGECET Hall Ticket Download 2019
The candidates who are appearing for AP Post Graduate Entrance Exam must carry their downloaded hall ticket or admit card along with them. As it is the document most important for any exam to identify the candidate. The admit card contains the name of the candidate, exam center, exam date and time, photo of the candidate, instructions to the candidate. The candidate who applied for PGECET can download their admit card on clicking AP PGECET Admit card download, 2019.
Tips to prepare for the AP PGECET, 2019:
To get succeeded in any exam, one must follow a strategy to manage the time for preparation. Though every one had their own strategy to prepare. There are some common tips that everyone must know. These tips help the candidates to get qualify their exam with good score.
- The candidate must have the overview of the syllabus.
- Prepare a timetable what to be studied at what time.
- The topics having high weightage is to be given more importance.
- Note the important points for revision.
AP PGECET 2019 Results:
After writing the exam, the Board of the examination will release the the key. It decides our results. The candidates who had attended the exam can know their result by clicking on AP PGECET Results, 2019.
Andhra Pradesh PGECET Counselling 2019:
The candidates qualified in the exam can know their rank. After that government will release the counselling dates. The candidates need to download the rank card, along with it they should attend the counselling with documents mentioned below.
- AP PGECET rank card 2019
- SSC marks memo
- Inter Marks memo
- UG marks memo ( BE/ B. Tech.,/B. Pharm etc)
- Transfer Certificate from the college studied
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate etc.,
So the candidate who are intended to apply for post graduation in Engineering need to prepare well for their exams. As the exams are going to be conducted from May 01 to May 04 (Expected).