The Bangalore BBMP property tax payment online 2020 – 2021 – 2022 – 2023 – 2024 through online official website bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
BBMP Property Tax Payment 2023-2024
Bangalore Property Tax Online Payment 2023-24: Bangalore popularly known Bengaluru is a well-established capital city of the known Karnataka state. The city has a large population and most the industries are built here. Most citizens and visitors familiarize themselves with city by the parks and nightlife. It is an enjoyable place to be in.
However with all this great stuff surrounding the city, it also depends and holds tax as it sole back bone. Bangalore government depends on the tax collected to pay majority or all its workers. They have different types of tax where some are in direct and direct.
Today let’s focus on the Bangalore property tax. What comes in the mind of many people when tax is mentioned? Most takes as the VAT charged on the items e buy or the fillings which happen before the financial year of the state government.
Bangalore Property Tax
Bangalore property tax is the finances collected by local municipal council/authority. They follow up the property owners who have to pay for the property owned. The money/tax goes to different tasks in the city. To repair damaged drainages, roads, parks, street light and even pay the works. All this service have to be provided to serve the citizens diligently.
Nevertheless the Bangalore government under the bigger Karnataka state have set a new way for individuals to check property tax. The online portal eases the burden of visiting property owners who are located all over the city. The new system is called Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).
This website has come in handy to both the government and property owners. One can check the value of their land before paying and see the changes given.
How to Pay Bangalore Property Tax (BBMP)?
There two different ways:
- Manual/offline process: here you have to fill the necessary forms and attach the payment demand draft. Drop the papers at the property tax offices for official fillings and also take a receipt of acknowledgement.
- Online method: considered as easiest way to pay tax in the city. You need to fill the fill online. The payments too are done online through the credit/debit card and net banking. Submit the form to the official website BBMP: http://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
BBMP Property Tax
How much Percentage Rebate on BBMP advance property tax payment 2022-2023?
- Yes, BBMP Offers 5% Rebate on advance bengaluru mahanagara palike property tax payment. So you can get 5% cash rebate by paying bbmp property tax before 30th April 2022.
Who pays the property tax and how one goes about it?
Matters of paying tax are very crucial and one needs a lot of knowledge about property tax. We can check the few details one need to learn:
- Know the yearly value of your property.
- All property have their class and category the government has divided them according to: residential, shops, godown, non-residential.
- Learn the zonal classification.
- Measurement of the property
- The whole area the property has covered.
- You have to know the floors the building has which also includes the basement.
- The area occupied by each floor/building on the same area of land.
Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike Property Tax forms 2023-24
With this kind of information you will learn how to calculate your property tax. After this step one needs to learn the kind of form to pick. Don’t pay blindly check and read the following forms:
Property identification number (PID) is unique number issued to the property owner. The number has all the data about the property where it’s locate the area occupying and plot number. The form is issued to all the individuals with the PID.
Khata number is also a very unique number issued to the land and property owners. It has the details about the property. The form II is given to property owners who don’t have the PID but have the Khata number.
This form is filled by individuals who don’t have either the Khata number or the PID. They are not left out, with this form details about their property will be recorded.
This form is issued when the owner has not made any changes on the property. Changes like increasing or decreasing of the land, it is white in color.
If there are any slit changes on the property like adding a floor, purchasing more property demolishing of a floor and even selling part of the property. This will be filled in the form V which is blue in color.
This for the property which is not on the list of paying tax. They property owner only give a service fee which is paid using this form.
How to Calculate BBMP Property Tax?
One needs to learn how to calculate their property tax before paying. The payment process is the last thing after you learn what is needed how to calculate and so forth.
Details to know
The financial year starts at April and ends March next year whereby you have to pay the tax on 30th April. BBMP give big discount of 5% for those who pay for the given date. In case of delay or not paying an interest of 2% will accumulate and is taken as 24% for the whole year. The government also allows individuals to pay in two installments which don’t attract a fine nor discount.
BBMP Tax Payment Online 2023-24
Step by Step Procedure to pay bbmp property tax 2023-24 online payment
- First take the built up place plus the value per unit area and also the depreciation that can apply.
- Now multiply the unit area value, and the built up area after this multiply it by 10 representing 10 months.
- Minus the depreciation from the second step and here you will get the yearly value of the property.
- The annual value calculate the 20% of it to receive the property tax.
- Take the property you got calculate the 24% and get the cess applicable.
- Take the cess and the property tax added them together to arrive at the actual property tax.
- Since if you pay tax before the 30 the date you receive 5% discount.
- Take away 5% from the sum you got in step 6 and arrive at the amount to pay.
Process on Paying BBMP Property Tax online
- Go to the official website page and click on the link: http://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
- On the menu bar check for field to key in the SAS or the PID. This number is always attached at the last receipt received. Now go to the “fetch option” if the number is difficult to remember or not sure just press on renewal application number.
- Key in the details correctly for the property owner’s name to appear. After this press the confirm button.
- When submitted the details about your property will show look if they are ok.
- If some alterations a have occurred mark on the check box provided then proceed.
- Form V will be displayed for you to make the changes about your property.
- Proceed to the next step where the system will show you the new calculation about the property.
- A page will appear and all the information is already filled. The check box below must be unchecked thus making the page non-editable. The only space applicable is the mobile number which property owner can make changes to.
- After the processes above one needs to pay for the property tax using an e-challan or the debit card/net banking or credit card.
- A receipt is produced but takes 24 hours to show on the website. Download the receipt from the following link: http://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/forms/propertype=3
How to Pay Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike Property Tax Offline?
The process is simple the property holder will need to fill form like form I to form V. which is according to where they fall. After this drop the forms at the BBMP offices whereby you make the payments using the demand draft.
How Strict is the BBMP on Property Tax?
Though the state seems to be making enough some individuals don’t bother paying or filling their returns. The government is very strict on property owners who have arrears of the past years. BBMP or government seizes moveable property like the furniture’s and business property you own.
However before the move is take strict warning are sent by the Bangalore government. The individual get notices and get a certain details. If they don’t respond their properties are collected from their home and business premise. Visit the BBMP offices and check how much money is required.
How to Print Bangalore Property Tax Receipt Online?
- Go to the official website: http://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/Forms/PrintForms.aspx?rptype=3
- The page will open on the menu bar select Downloads and select print application in drop down menu.
- On the sub menu choose the assessment year.
- Now enter the application number.
- Now recheck the information and submit.
- Print the application from the site for future reference.
Points to Remember.
- The parking and all the verandas are never included on the property tax or calculated.
- Residential which is not occupied can be said to self-occupy by the owner in order to calculate the property tax.
- Vacant land is also considered as property and has to be paid for.
- Early payments attracts discounts while the late payments will cause an additional interest rate.
- The BBMP doesn’t accept cash unless it is RS 1000. The rest one has to use a challan, debit/credit or net banking.
- Fill in the right forms according to the property you hold.
What is contained on the BBMP property tax receipt?
- Application number.
- The location where the payments were done.
- The year of assessment.
- The amount payable.
- For the demand drafts the receipt is given direct by the officers in charge.
Last date for bbmp property tax 2020
Last date for Bangalore Property tax payment for 2020 – 2021 year will be April 30th 2020 for availing rebate of 5%. For more visit bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in. May be due to covid-19 bharat lockdown this rebate last date will be extended to May 31st 2020. Please refer bbmp official webportal.
38 thoughts on “BBMP Property Tax Online Payment 2023-2024 at Bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in”
when is the last date to pay 2019-20 property tax
when is the last date to pay 2019-20 property tax
There seems to be no option for 2019-20 where is it and how to pay ?
Tax portal is still not accepting the payments from 19-20. Not sure anyone was able to make a successful payment as of today. Please confirm the details.
Please inform me about the last date of payment of house tax for 2018-19
Plase inform me of the last date of payment of House Tax for 2019-20
WHAT IS THE LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF BBMP PROPERTY TAX FOR 2019.2020
I have tried to pay the property tax on line to day for 2019-20. But all sites are coming as not available . I do not how to pay the tax on line.
If I go to the BBMP office they ask bribe of 500 to 1000 rupees for assisting me on this issue.
Please help me. My mobile No. 9845542130
Usually it will be by 30th April, if rebate is to be availed.
the portal is not yet active I think
last date for payment for any particular financial year will be April 30th, for availing rebate of 5%
While making online tax payment extra charges Rs.60/- collected why?
Payment Gateway charges.
I have made online tax payment today There is an excess collection of Rs. 60/- over and above the total tax demanded why it is so ! The tax receipt shows less amount than the actual amount debited to my account. Please clarify.
When is 19_20 tax paying for this year
completed theonline payment process but the receipt download is slow .kindly clarify
Please retry after some time. Due to heavy traffic on site it will be slow.
I have selected challan payment, i need to make online payment how do i change the form ?
why it shows paying year as 2017-18
Is there something wrong? As form iv also displays as 2017-18
I have selected challan payment, i need to make online payment how do i change the form ?
BB1990000429067 this is my khata no not given my khata chirtyficate
i am goieng 7 to 10 time bbmp office kengariupnagara
how to pay proprty tax
When the PID number is entered and the Owners name is selected a popup is appearing saying 2017-18 has been paid . After that the form for this year does not appear. How do I pay the tax online. Already the rebate date is over
I am trying to pay 2020-21 property tax on-line. But there is no option shown on the home page. After I enter the PID number there is a pop-up window showing your 2019-20 is paid, but there is no option to pay advance property tax for 2020-21. Please let me know if there is any other way of paying Advance property tax on-line on BBMP website. Please advise.
I have entered my pid and then i get a message that tax already paid for 2019-20 but i want to pay for 2020-21 – how can i do that?
Want to pay Property Tax for 2020-2021 but not able to .Guide or let me know the dates.
Need to pay property tax on line. Help me
I am not able to fetch details of my property. Tried all methods and this is not the 1st time i am paying on line. Can anybody look into this?
I cannot make online payment today 20th April 1020
Not able to pay property tax . Property details are not appearing
Not able to pay Property Tax for 2020-21. It displays the property details but it says that Property tax already paid for 2016-17.SP Chaturvedi
I paid tax for 2020-21 online Rs 3599.90 (tax amt 3594) on 270420 for the property 59/37/403 My account got debited but bbmp ac didn’t get credited again I paid on 280420 after waiting for 1 day which got credited will my tax pd on 270420 will be refunded
Tried paying on line but repeatedly get stuck at make payment. A glitch perhaps please rectify/clarify
When will be 2021-2022 tax will open
BBMP portal not opening is it jammed or any tech issue , we need to pay 21-22 Tax
When is the portal for payment of property tax for 21-22 financial year opening?
BBMP portal not opening how to pay?
WHEN WILL BE 2021-2022 TAX WILL OPEN FOR ON LINE PAYMENT
Unable to pay the prop tax on line for 21-22 as the pop up messge says “owner name mismatch”. Base Application no and owner name properly keyed in. Raised a grievance in BBMP portal. No resolution yet. Also sent an email. no response.
worst site ever seen.even after entering owners name as per last receipt owners name mismatch is coming unable to proceed further