Andhra Pradesh RCET 2019 Notification Application Hall Ticket https://sche.ap.gov.in/RCET/
AP RCET means Research Common Entrance Test in Andhra Pradesh state. This entrance test is to get admissions in Ph.D or M.Phil both in part time and full time. The candidates who had completed post graduation in any course like Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Pharmacy and Engineering can apply AP RCET, 2019 for further study.
AP RCET is an exam conducted by APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education), a statutory body of Andhra Pradesh government earlier. But now the exam is conducting by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. This article provides information about RCET, 2019 eligibility criteria, expected dates for exam, qualifying marks, courses offered etc.,
|Statutory Body||APSCHE ( Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education)|
|Name of the exam||AP RCET ( Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test)|
|Exam conducting university||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Courses offered||Ph.D / M.Phil (with different specifications)|
|Mode of applying exam||Online|
|Number of marks||180|
|Level of the Exam||State level|
|Exam is conducted for||14 universities of Andhra Pradesh|
|Test is conducted for||70 subjects|
Andhra Pradesh RCET 2019:
APSCHE, the statutory body of Government of Andhra Pradesh will release the notification for the exam Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test (AP RCET), 2019. The notification released by the government includes eligibility criteria, qualifying marks, courses offered by the universities. Also it includes application starting date, closing date, exam date etc., the tentative and expected dates for the exam AP RCET is as given below.
|Release of the AP RCET notification||Last week of June, 2019|
|Online application starts from||First week of July, 2019|
|Online application ends without late fee||First week of August, 2019|
|Online application ends with late fee Rs.2000||Second week of August,2019|
|Corrections in application||Second week of August, 2019|
|Admit card downloading||Third week of August, 2019|
|Examination dates||Last week of August, 2019|
Eligibility criteria for AP RCET, 2019:
The candidates applying for Research Common Entrance Test (RCET) should go through the eligibility criteria before beginning the application process. The candidates can apply for both Full-time and Part-time based on their eligibility.
For Full-Time (FT): Candidates to get admission in M.Phil/Ph.D should have any of the following
- Candidate with any Master Degree.
- Candidate with any professional degree declared as equivalent to Master Degree.
- Any equivalent degree from foreign educational Institution.
- Candidate with any master degree should secure a minimum marks of 55% for OC candidates
- Candidate with any master degree should secure minimum marks of 50% for BC/SC/ST/PWD candidates. (This relaxation for these communities is based on University Grants Commission)
For Part Time (PT):
The candidates who are interested to join for Part time in Ph.D or M.Phil should have the following eligibility criteria:
- Regular faculty working in the Post Graduation centers or the universities.
- Faculty of PG colleges or Professional colleges should have a service of 2 years. And the faculty who teaches Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Humanities in professional colleges is not applicable.
- Faculty or Librarians or Assistant Librarians working in affiliated degree colleges.
- Faculty working in Private-Aided or poly-technic or Government-Aided colleges should complete a service of 4 years.
- Teaching employees working in research institutes should complete 5 years of service
How to apply for Andhra RCET, 2019?
The aspirants can apply for the Research Common Entrance Test through online from the official website sche.ap.gov.in. The candidate should open the application form of AP RCET, 2019.
- For the first step, the candidate had to pay the fee allotted for their category by online either through Net banking or Credit/Debit card.
|OC and BC||INR 1400|
|SC and ST||INR 1000|
- Next step is to fill the application form. The candidate need to enter the details in the appropriate columns.
- Verify all the details entered in the application form.
- Click on Submit button.
- The application form will be generated with all the details along with an application number.
- Take a print out of the application form for future correspondence and you need use the application number till the admission process is completed.
Exam Pattern and syllabus for AP Research common Entrance Test:
The maximum marks for AP RCET is 200.
- Written Test ( Entrance exam ) – 180 marks
- Interview/ Viva-voce – 20 marks
Written Test (180 marks):
The Entrance test or written test for Research is conducted with total marks of 180. This exam paper is divided into two parts. Each part is allotted with 90 marks i.e., half marks for one part and half marks for the other. Also there is 1/6 negative mark for each wrong answer in the RCET exam.
|Part of the exam||Subject||Marks allotted|
|PART – A||Teaching and Research Aptitude||90|
|PART – B||Selected subject||90|
The syllabus for Part-A is given on the lines of University Grants Commission (UGC) NET paper-I syllabus. And the syllabus for part-B is specific for each course. It can be seen in AP RCET syllabus in the website sche.ap.gov.in
Interview (20 marks):
Interview will be conducted by the concerned university department at which the candidates are required to discuss their research interest.
The interview committee consists of three members: Head of the Department, Chairman, One senior faculty from the selected department. The aspects considered in the interview are:
- Whether the candidate had thye competence for the research selected.
- Whether the research work selected is suitable under the selected institution or college.
- Whether the selected area for research can give additional knowledge or not.
AP RCET 2019 HALL TICKET DOWNLOAD
After applying for the exam Andhra Pradesh RCET, the candidate can download their admit cards from the date of issuing hall tickets. The admit card is one of the important document to be carried by the candidate to the examination center. The candidate can download their admit card in the following procedure:
- Open the official website sche.ap.gov.in/rcet
- Click on AP RCET, 2019 hall ticket download.
- Enter the details in the columns asked.
- Click on open hall ticket/admit card.
- Download your hall ticket.
- Get the hard copy of it. It includes details like name, hall ticket number, exam date, exam timing, exam venue etc.,
- The admit card should be handled by you, till the results are declared for checking the results
Qualifying Percentage for Andhra Pradesh RCET, 2019:
For any entrance exam, the concerned educational council will decide a cutoff percentage or qualifying marks. Based on this, the success or failure of the candidates will be declared. The qualifying percentage for AP RCET is
|OC (open Category)||50%|
(NOTE: Our Educational Minister Ganta Srinivasrao, after declaring the results of AP RCET, 2018 has reduced the minimum qualifying marks from 50% to 45% for Open category (OC) and 45% to 40% for the reserved categories(BC/SC/ST/PWD) since there are a number of vacant seats in various universities.)
AP RCET 2019 RESULTS:
The results for the Andhra Pradesh RCET, 2019 will be declared by the government of AP, by clubbing the marks of both entrance exam and interview. So the total marks for the exam is 200. And the results of the candidates will be declared based on the qualifying percentage allotted by the government and it will be clearly mentioned in the RCET 2019 notification. You can check the results from the official website sche.ap.gov.in