AP Lawcet 2019 Notification, Online Application, Hal Ticket Download at sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET
Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test can be abbreviated as LAWCET. This is the exam conducted to get admission in 3 year Law course and 5 year Law course. LAWCET is a state level exam conducted by APSCHE ( Andhra Pradesh State council for Higher Education). This is the council which advises the government of Andhra Pradesh in matters relating with higher education which is established in 1988.
Also it is a coordinating body between University Grants Commission (UGC) and the AP government. But from the recent three years, this exam is conducted by Sri Krishna devaraya University, Ananthapuram on behalf of APSCHE. This article provides you the detailed information about AP LAWCET notification, important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, fees, syllabus, exam pattern etc.,
|Statutory Body||Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE)|
|Exam conducting university||Sri Krishnadevaraya university, Ananthapuram|
|Exam name||Andhra Pradesh LAWCET (Law Common Entrance Test)|
|Level of the exam||State level|
|Total number of marks||120|
|Duration of time||90 minutes|
Andhra Pradesh LAWCET, 2019:
The statutory body of government of AP, APSCHE will release the notification of LAWCET 2019 in the first week of march. The candidates can get admission in the state law universities and all the affiliated colleges of universities by getting qualified in this exam.
The notification includes all the details about the exam including application date, last date for application, eligibility criteria, exam dates, admit card issuing dates etc.,
|Submission of application starts from||2nd week of March|
|Last date for application (without late fees)||1st week of April|
|last date for application with late fees||2nd week of April|
|Hall ticket download starts from||2nd week of April|
|Date and Time of AP LAWCET exam||May 6 2:30 PM to 4PM|
|Final key download||To be declared!|
|AP LAWCET 2019 Results||To be declared!|
Eligibility Criteria for AP LAWCET 2019:
The aspirants of AP LAWCET should clearly go through the eligibility criteria. The candidates need to check their eligibility and apply for the exam.
- 3 year LLB Course: The candidates to apply for3 year LLB course should have passed their Degree (10+2+3) pattern or any other degree equivalent to it. In that the candidate should securea minimum of 45%, if secured less he need have any additional degree or post graduate degree with 45% marks or more than that.
- 5 year LLB Course: The candidates to apply for 5 year LLB course should have passed Intermediate (10+2) pattern with 45% marks or any other equivalent study from the recognized university or board.
Also there isa relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates and 3% for OBC candidates.
|Category of the candidates||3 Year LLB course||5 year LLB course|
|OC||Degree or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 45% marks||Intermediate or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 45% marks|
|OBC||Degree or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 43% marks||Intermediate or any other equivalent Degree with a minimum of 43% marks|
|SC or ST||Degree or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 40% marks||Intermediate or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 40% marks|
- Mere appearance to AP LAWCET examination is not enough to get admission in the law colleges. The candidates should satisfy the eligibility rules and rules of getting admission.
- Nationality: The candidate should be Indian National.
- Domicile: The candidate should satisfy the Local / non-local status requirement as laid in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974.
- The candidate should pass the Intermediate or degree or Postgraduate degree in single sitting directly.
Andhra Pradesh LAWCET 2019 Online Application
The candidate can apply for AP LAWCET by opening the application form available in official website sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET. The candidate should pay the fees as the first step. Next step is to fill the application form by entering the details like
- Fee payment receipt number
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- SSC hall ticket number and marks
- Aadhar card number
- Scanned photograph of the candidate
- signature of the candidate etc.,
Payment Fees: The fee to be paid the candidates is decided bty the concerned authorities at the time of releasing the notification. It may be approximately Rs. 700 to Rs. 800.
Exam pattern for AP LAWCET 2019: The candidates who are preparing for AP LAWCET can check the exam pattern by thefollowing information. The exam is conducted for 120 MARKS and duration of the exam is 90 MINUTES.
|Name of the section||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Topic|
|PART – A||30||30||General Knowledge and Mental Ability|
|PART – B||30||30||Current Affairs|
|PART – C||60||60||Aptitude for the study of Law|
- Type of Questions: Objective
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- No negative marking.
- Medium: The exam will be conducted in English and Telugu medium.
AP LAWCET 2019 Hall Ticket Download
The candidates applied for the Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test can download their admit card from the official website.
- Open the website sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET
- Click on LAWCET 2019 admit card download.
- Enter the details like Reference ID, Date of Birth etc.,
- Click on submit.
- It opens your admit card. Download your admit card.
- Take printout of the admit card to the exam. Since the admit cards are available online only.
The candidate should verify whether the details in the admit card are correct or not. If not the candidate should meet the concerned authorities.
Qualifying percentage of AP LAWCET 2019:
The candidates should get a minimum of 35% to get qualified in the exam except SC or ST candidates. There are no minimum qualifying marks for reserved categories.
|OC or BC||42 marks out of 120||35%|
|SC or ST||No minimum marks||No minimum %|
Answer Key download:
The candidates can check their result by verifying the key given by the authorities. It may give an idea about the result to be declared. The candidates also can complaint if the answer given is wrong. All the complaints will be concerned and then the final key will be released.
Results, Ranking and Tie-Breaking:
- The Government of AP will evaluate the papers based on the final key. Also the Government will take every care before giving the results. So the candidates are not required to request for revaluation.
- The ranks will be given based on the marks scored in PART – C.
- If there is a tie while regarding the PART – C. Then PART – B will also consider to break the tie among the candidates.
- If still there is a tie between the Candidates, it will be released on the basis of age. The rank will be given to the senior in the age.
Counselling for AP LAWCET 2019:
The candidates who had ranked in the LAWCET examination should attend the counselling center with the following documents.
- AP LAWCET 2019 rank card
- SSC original Marks memo and study certificate
- Intermediate original marks memo and study certificate
- Degree original marks memo and study certificate
- Aadhar card xerox
- Ration card Xerox
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate etc.,
It is better to have the entire documents both originals and 2 to 3 xerox copies.
- Candidate should go to the counselling center along with the documents.
- You need to pay the counselling fee and get the receipt.
- Along with the receipt all the certificates will verified by the officials.
- Next you need to select the web options to select in which college you want to complete your course.
- After that you will be allotted with a college based on the priority you given and vacant seats in the colleges.
You need to select your college only among the options given.