EPF India UAN Activation Login Process EPF Balance Missed Call Number at epfindia.gov.in
Retirement being and afterthought, many India retirees find the golden years difficult and live below their standards. With this continuous chain the Indian government foresaw the need of a saving scheme for all salaried individuals. Employee provident fund (EPF) is an established retirement saving scheme meant to cater for salaried personnel. It absorbs companies and organizations in both the private and public sectors who have attained 20 or more employees. This not leaving out those under the number as all can register for the same scheme.
EPF is governed and officiated by the larger body Employee provident fund organization (EPFO). Which superintend all functions and pools resources from the provident fund accounts. contributions are later disbursed in the retirement age or when mature for a withdraw.
Who contributes to the scheme?
The contribution is a two-way traffic, both employer and employee makes a certain amount. The amount is deducted from the employee’s monthly salary to make up the 12%. The percentage is directed to the EPF account where 3.67% of the 12% is employee’s contribution plus 8.33% the employer’s traction. This is converted to employee’s pension scheme (EPS) which is 8.33% of your basic salary while the rest flows to the EPF.
The best thing about the saving scheme an interest rate growth of 8% -12 % will accumulate thus receiving reasonable amount at the retirement age. Under this there are three schemes which get a portion of the 12% covering issues on health, insurance and the pension scheme.
- Employee’s provident fund scheme (EPFS) 3.67% of the 12%
- Employee pension scheme (EPS) receiving 8.33% of the 12%
- Employees deposit linked insurance scheme (EDLI) getting 0.5% of the 12%
The three function under the EPF and one benefits at retirement, where the benefits are extended to the family in cases of insurance and health. Employee’s don’t have to open new provident accounts once they shift jobs but only update their details and giving their EPF number for continuation.
This has curbed the poverty lines and also given a comfortable retirement to Indian citizens. Nonetheless, one needs to check their accounts and learn how the contributions grow. Status checking, PF passbook, withdraw how to update their KYC etc.
Universal account number (UAN)
Employees and employers also need vast knowledge on the UAN how it works and the benefits attached to EPFO scheme. The UAN is a unique 12-digit number which is held by all employees which helps you access your PF account. you can check all details and process happening in your account using the UAN.
Though with an official website page UAN member portal comprise a lot and need UAN activation. Employee requires a UAN number which should always be used and remembered. The number can be gained from the EPFO member portal using your member ID number.
How do I login to EPF UAN Member portal?
Though established and vast with the EPFO portal not many understand way about UAN portal below we have simple process on login in here you get all about EPF passbook, balance and status.
- Navigate to the official website page https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
- On the homepage enter your UAN account number and password to login.
- Note the UAN number has to be activated in order to work.
- On the same page enter the captcha code which confirms you aren’t a robot.
- Select the sign in tab and access your UAN account.
Requirements for EPF UAN account?
In achieving a UAN account one has to present several documents and details. Some are compulsory especially the Aadhaar card and pan card which are official documents for all Indian citizens.
- Registered mobile number.
- Your bank details .
- ID proof
- A proof of your address this maybe electricity bill or any other bill.
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- ESIC card.
What can one do using the UAN portal?
With the freedom the account offers employee are at liberty to check their status and balances plus other details as follows:
- EPF withdraw and transfers which don’t require any signature from your employer
- Change on the personal details
- Learn the amount on your account and also check the monthly contributions using SMS.
- Enquire on the dates the money is been send
- Downloading the EPF passbook via online method.
All this easing the employee hassle of moving to offices for enquiry and data changing and reducing the congestion and delays in and from the employer. Now after talking on login process some still hug on matters concerning UAN activation process. None can operate an EPF account without the UAN account activation. This helps in above said benefits, employees need the EPFO id number which is given if employee changes jobs. This is passed to the new employer who confirms and takes the details in order to continue contributing to the account.
EPF UAN LOGIN Online activation process
- Visit the official website page: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- On landing on the homepage check on the ACTIVATE UAN on the UAN page.
- Four options are given where you need to select one.
- Enter UAN number
- Key in member ID
- Enter Aadhaar card
- PAN card.
- On selecting one option now key in all the required personal details like name, UAN number, address etc.
- Check on the details and then click on the “get authorization” pin.
- The system will send an SMS to your registered mobile number.
- Now enter the OTP on the space given and confirm the OTP.
- After this the activation process is done.
Documents required for EPF UAN Activation process
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- All the bank details
- Ration card
- Driver’s license for ID proof or address.
- ESIC card.
Due to the many online accounts one holds forgetting password is common. This provides doubt on how to go by recovering new password and accessing the UAN OR EPF accounts. However, the process has been simplified thus encouraging employees and keeping track of their account. one can reset or change the registered mobile number which will trigger the change of password. Let’s check on the few steps below.
Along with the submitting papers, we need to write a “letter of acknowledgment” on a white sheet of paper. In that letter, subject is we are submitting our original Intermediate marks memo to the university. That paper will be stamped with VSU facsimile and returned back to us. Its a proof to both university and us as we given our original marks memo there
After giving the papers to university, we should give a acknowledgment letter that we are giving our original degree convocation there. That letter will be returned to us with VSU fascimile.
Process of recovering forgotten EPF login portal password or resetting password without changing mobile number?
Note this a tricky process and one has to ensure details entered must much with what was provided earlier. This are the names, date of birth Aadhaar number etc.
- Go to the official website page: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterfce/
- Check for forgot password on the homepage.
- A new page will appear indicating and directing you to enter UAN number and captcha code.
- Enter the code correctly to avoid errors.
- The mobile number option will show the registered number. Here you can change is need be, click on it to continue.
- Now the system will open a new form where you fill details like name, date of birth, gender and the KYC plus the document number.
- Now recheck the details, keeping in mind the details should coincide with the previous information.
- Select the verify option on the page where the system will send an OTP on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the space given to verify.
- Key in your password which is new then confirm it again for successful password change.
- This will be confirmed by a SMS indicating success.
Resetting Epfo Password after login in.
Employee have the option to change password, the have to login in order make changes.
- Open the EPF india official website page: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Login to your UAN account using the UAN number and password.
- Form the menu select the change password tab.
- Now change password to what suits you but ensure you remember the new password to avoid repetition of the old one.
EPF UAN login using UAN passbook
The scheme is well organized and employees can get their retirement benefits right on time. They can check their balances using the SMS or passbook. Nonetheless, employees can check their balances with or without the UAN passbook.
How to check EPF balance with or without UAN number?
This can be done on the official website where passbooks and other details can be gained without any hassles as follows:
- Navigate to the official EPF website page: http://www.epfindia.gov.in
- On the homepage menu select the option” for employees” which is under the title “our services”
- Go to the member passbook on the services menu.
- A new page will open, here fill in your UAN number and key in your password.
- On your EPF account check on the download message for the passbook also check on the balance.
The above process is used to check EPF balance using the UAN number. Now you can go by the process without using the number by using various methods like:
Check EPF India Balance checking using SMS
Using your mobile phone send an SMS to 7738299899 (from the registered mobile number).
EPFPHO UAN ENG to 7738299899
The last letters represent the language since it can be provided in various languages.
EPF Balance check using missed call
This works when you miss call using the registered mobile number since other numbers won’t work. EPF Balance check Missed Call the number 011-229014016. The system mightn’t send the message immediately try the process again.
Balance checking using UMANG app
This a special app which assists in balance checking and has to be downloaded from the app store.
- Go to the google play store of your smart device.
- Open the UMANG app and download it.
- Install it on your device and then login/open using your UAN number.
- Enter your password and go to the option of PF account balance.
That is with balance checking as all process lead to one goal. For more information, visit the official website page https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. (or) https://www.epfindia.co